I remember a while back there was this immensely popular post with a gif of Hitler flattering his wife, that had tons and tons of notes from all these people gushing about how they had no idea Hitler was human too. When I criticized it, this older…
The thing about Karma is she is a character that doesn’t always delve that deeply into her own feelings. So we see her really wanting to help Amy move on but I hope the audience feels, cause we definitely feel, that it’s mixed up, that there is a lot of things going on in there. Some of it is wanting her friend to move on, some of it is jealousy of seeing your friend move on, some of it is wishing your friend were with you. So there is a lot of things bubbling up in Karma right now. - Carter Covington (x)
things that are sex shaming -
- "she’s a sl-t for having all that sex"
- "girls shouldn’t wear tank tops to school because it is distracting"
- "that skin tight dress means she’s asking for it"
things that are not sex shaming -
- "I would prefer to not see a stranger’s butt"
- "I do not want to hear explicit details about your sex life"
there’s a difference between sex shaming and wanting sexual security
It’s kinda sad we have explain these things, but here we are